Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sweet Martilla

 Sweet Grandma, Martilla
I just finished a Special Little Tribute to my Grandma Martilla Preator.
I remember as a small girl watching her sew for hours and hours.  I remember going to the church and sitting while she quilted with the other women in her small community.  I could see that she loved Sewing and was very particular and took pride in her Handiwork.
The Quilt she made me when I was born is one of my most prized possessions.
I designed this little Sewing Keep.
It has all the Necessities that she would have had with her as she Sewed.
Starting with Her Name at the top, I mounted an Olde Button and Pin String, Antique Scissors, a Counted Thread Sampler and a Wool Pin Keep!
I designed FOUR different Wool Pin Keeps so they can be changed with the Seasons!
I added a sprig of Sweet Annie because Grandma had an Amazing Garden too!
Love You Grandma!


                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment