Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Quilter's Station



Welcome to our very first "1894 Cottonwood House Quilt Shop Blog" Highlight! 

We are so excited to introduce our first Highlighted Shop...



We asked the owner of Quilter's Station, Rita Briner, a few questions to get to know her and her business better! 

Q: How did you get started?

A: I worked retail sales for others for over 20 years and then decided to work for myself, (could not be as hard, what was I thinking) and so it began 21 years ago. 
 

Q: What do you love creating with the most? (ie wool, cotton, etc)  

A:  I really love to piece quilts and add some applique to them whether it be cotton or wool.


Q: Which of your own personal designs are your favorite?  

A: Midnight in the Pumpkin Patch and A New Look Dresden (both have some applique) these are probably my 2 favorite designed quilts.


Q: What is your favorite part about being in this business?  

A: Meeting so many nice people and it is fun and fulfilling to inspire others as they create their quilts.


Q: What is your favorite recipe?   

A: Since I don’t cook anymore except for very special occasions (when my children and grandchildren are home) and they love my fried chicken.
For anything else just give me 4 yards of various black or brown fabric and 4 yards of various tans and stir up squares and half squares and wow a quilt is born.   

LOOK What is hanging in her shop!  Our Very Own "When Witches Fly" Pattern!
Rita made it up in Flannels and Wool, with a few SPECIAL Touches!

  



There you have it! Isn't she AMAZING? If you find yourself in Missouri, you must go to Quilter's Station! I might add, it is even worth the drive all the way from Colorado just to see her shop! 😉 It is so refreshing to be greeted by a friendly face, and good people who are share the same LOVE of Quilting as YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment